Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Catch and Release

 
With the weather turning so very bitter cold lately and only going to get worse, I have been extremely concerned about Mr. Gray (the outside kitty we have been trying to take care of). Tonight, he actually allowed me to pick him up (much to my surprise!) and  so I took him inside our house catio. He FREAKED OUT immediately! Crying loudly and jumping up on the walls and knocking down my door curtain in an attempt to escape! You would have thought that we were throwing him in a horrible dungeon or something! I have never seen anything like this before in my life! Poor guy. All I want to do is HELP him!!!

I called to hubby who was sitting in the living room at the computer to come quickly! "What should I do?" I said, "Just look at him panicking!" As soon as he opened up the inside kitchen door which is attached to the catio, Mr. Gray darted inside and ran into the living room. Scaring the other cats in the process, we tried to guide him back out into the catio where hubby had already opened the door to the outside for him. It is hubby's opinion that if Mr. Gray knows that he can walk in and out freely, eventually he may deicde to actually spend some time in the house? I don't know. Gray is very obviously a wild cat and I fear that this may have been the only chance I will ever have to get him in the house! I pray not, but we shall see in time I suppose. I just hope that he will learn to trust me again after this little episode. You know cats!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Kim! I feel bad for Mr. Gray and I feel bad for you! I hope things turn around! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy! We have decided to try again in a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete