Friday, August 10, 2012

A new use for cat litter?



Okay, so a couple of weeks ago my mother-in-law calls us up and says to my hubby, "Kim's going to think I am crazy, but I would like to know if I could have some used cat litter?"

LOL, "used" cat litter? Now considering the fact that my in-laws do not even have cats, I know she didn't just mean cat litter by mistake. Turns out that the reason she asked us for the litter is because they have a lot of destructive groundhogs burrowing in their yard and my mother-in-law heard on a local radio show that if you spread used cat litter all around the perimeter of your home, it will deter them from coming around. Which, in my opinion, is certainly a much, much better solution than trying to shoot them!


Well, yesterday I spoke to her and asked her if the used cat litter worked. Much to my surprise, she said, "Yes!" So there you have it, my friends ~ have trouble with groundhogs? Try some used cat litter! LOL!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if it would work on voles?
    This sounds like good solution, and good for MIL for giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I started laughing when I read this! Good for your mother-in-law! I am so happy it worked! The reason I was laughing, was because we had a few cats from neighbors in our backyard. Which I don't mind, but when they started killing birds and chipmunks, mom and I didn't like it. So, we had our friend come over with their dog. He peed all around the fence and they have never came back! It works! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, Kim, now I am really laughing, because I called you Robin! Ok, I need a drink! Have a great night! LOL!

    ReplyDelete