Monday, September 3, 2012

Just Call Me Mr. Handsome!


We are finally beginning to see a little of Mr. Gray's personality come out. While giving him his food and cat treats at feeding time last night, he waited patiently underneath my car as usual. I slowly walked around him, placed his food dish in front of the garage door and sat down in front of him. I began to shake the bag of cat treats while he cautiously made his way over to me.

Not too long after I gave him some treats, he surprisingly allowed me to pet him. Until now, this was something that neither my hubby nor I were able to do before without him backing away from us. Then, out of nowhere, he began rubbing up against me ~ meowing a couple of times and purring!

This is a huge milestone for him and quite a relief as we were not too sure that he would ever really show us any level of trust. From what I can see, he is not a "Catch and Release" like Tabby and he is most likely still in-tact. None-the-less, we still fully intend to help him any way we can. Next step is to treat him with the Advantage II topical flea control.

Isn't he such a handsome fella?

4 comments:

  1. Sure, there is no problem that he is cute one. He looks very handsome and awesome.

    Yorkie Puppies for sale in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is beautiful….With love and patience like you're giving him, he'll slowly make his way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a tough tom-cat craves a bit of lovin'. Good for you, Kim and getting a kitty rubbing. He is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, he is so cute! I wish I lived closer! I know mom and I would take Mr Gray ;o) He reminds me of my Falco ;o) I know you and your hubby will take good care of him ;o) I thought I would share this link with you ;o) I think you will enjoy it ;o) Hugs my friend ;o)
    http://fearlessfallenangelspeaksthetruth.blogspot.ca/2012/09/clarity.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/tXjY+(WTH!)

    ReplyDelete